Market Research Statistician
- Advising colleagues and clients regarding the appropriateness of available statistical methods to solve a defined business/research problem
- Conducting advanced statistical analyses
- Ensuring proper cleaning and weighting of data
- Validating the quality of data and research findings
- Educating and training others regarding statistical methods
- Recommending new product offerings, extensions and enhancements incorporating evolving statistical methods
- Authoring reports containing actionable recommendations based upon the employed techniques
- Undertaking additional data services functions as required
The successful candidate will offer some or all of the following:
- Masters or Ph.D. in statistics, social or behavioural sciences, or formal technical training in a relevant field (e.g., statistics, mathematics, informatics, social sciences, psychology, data mining)
- Thorough technical knowledge of relevant statistical methodology, knowledge of multivariate statistical techniques with a mastery of SPSS, SAS or comparable statistical tools, especially as they relate to the market research setting
- 5 to 10 years of experience within the Market Research industry
- Applied understanding of database management, data processing, and data cleaning with respect to large databases
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment and work well in a team atmosphere.
Preference will be given to those with previous experience in quantitative market research, advanced statistical analysis and/or data mining methods.
The position offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your resume in confidence to:
We don’t currently have any other openings . . . but we are always looking for a good fit. Contact us if you are interested in a career at Corporate Research Associates. Sample posting below.
Market Research Professionals
These are positions for those interested in establishing a career, or with a proven track record, in market research consulting. Responsibilities include providing support in the design, execution and overall coordination of market research projects, or overall management responsibility of market research projects.
- A degree in marketing or social sciences, interest in market research and consumer trends, and well-developed analytical and report writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of professional practice, marketing management, marketing research design, statistical methods for marketing research, questionnaire design, and special applications of marketing research Strong interpersonal skills, a keen eye for detail, the ability to be a team player and the ability to work well in a professional capacity
- Project management capabilities for a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- At least one to three years (on the supplier or client side) in marketing research preferred
- Bilingualism is a considerable asset
Corporate Research Associates offers a comprehensive benefits plan including company paid health and dental benefits and life insurance. Compensation package will be commensurate with experience.