Corporate Research Associates is seeking a highly motivated individual to play a key role in the management of the company’s qualitative research field services, specifically in terms of coordination of recruitment and project logistics and management of the focus group facilities. The successful candidate would be an “administrative expert” with strong project and relationship management abilities, and problem solving skills.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Manage CRA’s recruitment and field logistics for qualitative research projects across Canada (including traditional methodologies such as groups / in-depth interviews and online methodologies);
- Management of on-site logistics for CRA’s two focus group facilities, for both internal and external client projects (including catering requirements, overseeing hostess staffing, incentive distribution, etc.);
- Ensure projects adhere to industry quality standards;
- Maintain strong relationships with CRA’s diverse client base and multiple subcontractors; and
- Prepare proposals in response to client requests.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or formal training in a relevant field (e.g., marketing, social sciences, project management, event planning);
- Exceptional project management capabilities, with a proven track record in a fast-paced, team-based, deadline-driven environment;
- Strong computer skills (included proficiency in Microsoft Office);
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated professionalism and relationship management abilities;
- Willingness to accommodate flexible working hours to meet project demands, including some evenings and weekends
- Bilingualism is a considerable asset
Preference will be given to those with previous experience in project management and/or qualitative market research. The position offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
We don’t currently have any other openings . . . but we are always looking for a good fit.
Contact us if you are interested in a career at Corporate Research Associates.
Sample postings below.
Market Research Professional – Halifax or Moncton Office
Research Associate/Research Analyst
This is a position for those interested in establishing a career, or with a proven track record, in market research consulting. Responsibilities include providing support in the design, execution and overall coordination of market research projects, or overall management responsibility of market research projects.
- A degree in marketing or social sciences, interest in market research and consumer trends, and well-developed analytical and report writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of professional practice, marketing management, marketing research design, statistical methods for marketing research, questionnaire design, and special applications of marketing research
- Direct experience in qualitative research and moderating skills an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, a keen eye for detail, the ability to be a team player and the ability to work well in a professional capacity
- Project management capabilities for a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- At least one to three years (on the supplier or client side) in marketing research preferred
- Bilingualism is a considerable asset
Market Research Statistician
This position requires a quantitative methods expert who can play a key role in the company’s Data Services Division in our Halifax office. Responsibilities would include:
- Advising colleagues and clients regarding the appropriateness of available statistical methods to solve a defined business/research problem
- Conducting advanced statistical analyses
- Ensuring proper cleaning and weighting of data
- Validating the quality of data and research findings
- Educating and training others regarding statistical methods
- Recommending new product offerings, extensions and enhancements incorporating evolving statistical methods
- Authoring reports containing actionable recommendations based upon the employed techniques
- Undertaking additional data services functions as required
The successful candidate would offer some or all of the following:
- Masters or Ph.D. in statistics, social or behavioural sciences, or formal technical training in a relevant field (e.g., statistics, mathematics, informatics, social sciences, psychology, data mining)
- Thorough technical knowledge of relevant statistical methodology, knowledge of multivariate statistical techniques with a mastery of SPSS, SAS or comparable statistical tools, especially as they relate to the market research setting
- 5 to 10 years of experience within the Market Research industry
- Applied understanding of database management, data processing, and data cleaning with respect to large databases
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing a team an asset
Preference would be given to those with previous experience in quantitative market research, advanced statistical analysis and/or data mining methods.